Welcome to The Stubborn Stepmom
Welcome to The Stubborn Stepmom
I’m Leslie W. (or just “Leslie”). I’m the founder & owner of this blog & am also the founder of the Facebook Group “The Stubborn Stepmom“. I want to give you a few pieces of information about me and my stepmom journey so you can feel like you know me better!
I have been a stepmom for over 4 years now (October marks 5 years) and to say it has been an easy journey…well…that would be a downright lie. It has actually been the hardest journey on which I’ve ever embarked. Hands down. Has it been rewarding? Absolutely. Have there been good times? Heck yes! But has it been full of drama, sadness, despair, hate, and anger? Yes. But here’s the thing: I have been on a journey and have reached a point where I finally went from merely existing to thriving and I decided that I want the rest of the world of stepmoms to know they can do the same. So, I’m going to teach you how.
I graduated from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition where I learned innovative coaching methods, practical lifestyle management techniques, and over 100 dietary theories – Ayurveda, gluten-free, Paleo, raw, vegan, macrobiotics, and everything in between. My specialty is vegan and gluten-free options and alternatives!
I studied with the world’s top health and wellness experts including:
- Joshua Rosenthal, founder of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Walter Willett, MD, DrPH, chair of nutrition at Harvard University
- Andrew Weil, MD, director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
- Gabrielle Bernstein, bestselling author and life coach
- Susan Blum, MD, MPH, assistant clinical professor at Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Mark Hyman, MD, founder of The UltraWellness Center
- Geneen Roth, bestselling author and expert on emotional eating
- David Wolfe, raw food leader and nutrition expert
- Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH, professor at New York University’s Department of Nutrition, Food Studies, and Public Health
- Mark Bittman, food writer for The New York Times and bestselling author
- Joel Fuhrman, MD, family physician and leading expert on nutritional healing
I practice a holistic approach to health and wellness, which means that I look at how all areas of your life are connected. Does stress at your job or in your relationship(s) cause you to overeat? Does lack of sleep or low energy prevent you from exercising? As we work together, we will look at how all parts of your life affect your health as a whole.
I work with my clients to get in touch with their body’s needs because I understand that life happens and your needs will change. I want to equip you with the self-awareness to make the best decisions for yourself in any given circumstance. I believe each person is fully capable of making well-informed decisions as their own expert, not the latest magazine article or fad diet book.
Let’s define what you value most from your well-being. We’ll use these visions to motivate specific goals that bring you closer to where you want to be. As your coach, I will not dictate a diet for you, but together we will explore why some foods make you feel better than others and how to strategically use that feedback. Together we’ll co-create your health goals within reasonable time frames and actionable objectives so you know exactly what you’re working toward.